June 6, 2012

Vintage Furniture - Does it contain lead?

Vintage furniture is showing up just about everywhere these days. I have begun to wonder, with small children of my own, if some of the items I have purchased contain lead (enter fear here).


Just using this picture of some windows for sale off of an etsy store. 
I do not know whether or not they have lead based paint on them.

Even with the popularity of these items I have not been able to find much on it. Here are a couple of good posts that I found:


From Country Living
Apartment Therapy - great comments


Here is a general explanation:


About Lead Poisoning


I will be hitting up the local hardware store for testing, which seems like the best route to take when you have little ones. I called today and it is around $12 for a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment