May 23, 2012

How do I organize? - pieces of yarn

Obviously I work with a lot of yarn. Probably should have tied (no pun intended) that into the wedding vows that we would be with each other even through miles of yarn everywhere.

It used to be a problem, but I tamed the yarn that was consuming every certain areas of our house.

Here is a tip for keeping your yarn nice and tidy. Whether you have 1 or 100 skeins of yarn lying around (yes it is called a skein, now go use it in a sentence so you sound smart).


I have lots of 'small-long' pieces of yarn which are hard to wrangle at times. I have wasted some hours untangling yarn...they weren't fun hours...

All you need is a clothespin. You can see where this is going.



I do have a separate ziploc bag for small pieces of yarn that are long enough to be re-used. Here, I had a long piece that I wanted to keep with the skein. So I wrapped it around the mid-section of the skein.


Took both ends, the ends you can see in the middle picture, and put them together with a clothespin.

easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment